Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gasp!



I have had the great privilege of visiting sacred places, and  have experienced moments in my travels that touched the depth of my soul, some expected and some unexpected; some joyful, some painful.

When I planned this trip, Palmyra was a place that I was drawn to, and it is one of the primary reasons that I visited Syria. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was compelled to this place.



We all have moments in our lives that define our story, and my first glance at the ruins of Palmyra is one such moment. My jaw drops, my knees buckle, and my eyes well up. It is difficult for me to quantify what I'm seeing, and I have no words that can properly convey the timeless homage to the human experience that I'm gazing upon.



Words fail me, which is why I took a lot of pictures.


http://www.goyestoeverything.com



















You can see more pics of this unforgettable place here.

Enhanced by Zemanta