Sunday, April 24, 2011

Writing The Ship


I checked out of the Iran friendly hotel asap. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not anti Iranian people, there was no ideological dust up in the lobby  and the hotel staff were kind and reasonable. Its just that the room sucked, I don't like hotels that primarily cater to tour groups, and I was completely disoriented.

The final affront was being charged for breakfast. I'd become so addicted to the free breakfast that was offered at each and every stop on the way that I was mortified when I had to be stopped upon exit from the restaurant and told that I had to pay my bill.

So I payed my breakfast bill, went to my room and packed, and then payed my hotel bill. And in one final act of travel stupidity, I overpaid to get to my originally intended destination, but the overpayment  in the taxi was minimal and gave me a great look at Damascus.




I have to say that when I finally checked in to my intended destination, I was a little bit proud as a traveler that I realized that I was off the path that I wanted to be on, and that I took action to change course. In addition I lowered my hotel bill by a third and stopped paying for breakfast.

And now that the water is calm, its time to discover how awesome Damascus is.

http://www.goyestoeverything.com

Enhanced by Zemanta